Saturday, October 13, 2012

Reflected In You by Sylvia Day: Diamonds In The Sky Review






Reflected in You by Sylvia Day (Crossfire #2)
E-Book Released: October 2, 2012
Contemporary Romance
Berkley



"I found myself pinned to the hallway wall by six feet, two inches of hard, hot male. “You know what happens when you run, angel.” Gideon nipped my lower lip with his teeth and then soothed the sting with the caress of his tongue. “I catch you.” -Gideon


What happens when two "seriously broken" people come together to start a relationship? Well, we get the Crossfire Series and Eva & Gideon. We get this hot, emotionally fueled drama on page. Two people dealing with past abuses, current insecurities and raging jealousies. Everyone has been gushing over Gideon. I understand why. Cross is hot, sexy, domineering, broken and in need of TLC but what about Eva? Eva needs her Day! I love Eva. I love how she doesn't take any crap and she"ll be the first one to flip the bird and put someone else in check. She is strong, flawed, her past is heart breaking but she is the piece that fits Gideon's puzzle.

As for Gideon!!! Everything you wanted to know about Gideon from "Bared To You" comes to light in "Reflected In You." You will get the details of his past abuse in this book!! Thank God! I didn't know who was freaking out more from being in the dark, Eva or me. I think besides all the endless sexual chemistry between these two, the thing that pulled me in was their sexual abuse history. We have two people that have suffered as young children and young adults in the most horrible way and out of all this pain and misery, this unbelievably, unhealthy bond forms between them. This [we may hurt each other but I would rather die without them] type of connection.


If you all don't know how I like to do things then let me inform you... *Inserts Devilish Smile Now* I like to shout out a chapter or a scene. Somewhere in the book where I turn into a Gossip Girl and I start OMG-ing and texting people like a mad woman.

Example
BookGeek AM: OM2DA Freaking GEEEEEE!! *Grabs iPhone and sends out mast text* Did you get to chapter 9?!?! Get to chapter 9!!!


With all of that said... Chapter 9!!!!!!!! <<< You all must tell me what you think of Chapter 9 and 10!!


By the second half of the book my empathy for Eva had reached new bounds. Gideon puts her to the ringer. No spoilers will be given but I felt Eva's pain, sympathized with her hurt. Just like Eva, I knew Gideon had to be doing whatever for a reason but I couldn't take it. If it was me I would have snapped and gone all Krav Maga on his ass.


Killer Quotes:


“The only way I’m keeping my hands off her is if I’m dead. Find another way to fix us.”  -Gideon

“Somewhere along the way, I deluded myself into thinking Gideon and I could have it all. That being in love was all we needed. I guess because I never really thought I’d ever fall in love like that, and there’s the whole myth that when you do, you’re supposed to live happily ever after.” -Eva


“I’m obsessed with you, angel. Addicted to you. You’re everything I’ve ever wanted or needed, everything I’ve ever dreamed of. You’re everything. I live and breathe you. For you.” -Gideon
Could this be a possible Gideon?
http://youtu.be/Zs_lR6NXW94




This song totally reminds me of Eva and gideon... *Sighs* 



Reflected In You, 4 out 5 Stars. Get a copy & let me know what you think!!

The last installment will be released December 31st, 2012. I cannot wait. How will S. Day end Eva and Gideon's story?


PS. Fingers crossed for this series being turned into a television series!!!!

Anyhoo,

Smooches...

~BookGeek AM~







No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some Luv... Tell me what you think